If your dispatchers are struggling to add multiple destinations to your routes, or you’re spending too much time on route planning and optimization, you need a reliable and efficient routing and dispatch software. This software will help you in planning multiple stop delivery routes and streamline your logistics services to power your bottom line.
What is Multiple Stop Delivery Route Planning?
Multiple stop delivery route planning is the process of determining the fastest and most efficient route for dispatching goods from one location to another, while covering several stops along the same route. It may sound easy, but it is hard to compete with routing and dispatch software. Premium routing and dispatch software has capabilities to make real time changes, account for weather, traffic, and more– all things that you’d need superhuman abilities to do without it!
Luckily for you, there are no need for super powers; all you need is our easy to use routing and dispatch software!
Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Multiple Stop Delivery Routes Using a Routing and Dispatch Software
- Upload file with all the stops: Create an Excel, GPX or CSV file with all the stops you want to add to your routes, and upload it to the routing and dispatch software system. You can have as many as 500 stops, depending on your customers and reach.
- Edit stops and add all relevant information: Once you have uploaded the file, proceed to edit the stops, adding important information such as parcel info, delivery time window, an urgency of delivery, or any other relevant details.
- Select your available delivery drivers: You can assign your available drivers to the routes or stops. The software should help you manage your team of drivers seamlessly.
- Optimize and assign routes: Our technology automatically optimizes them for you, so the only thing that you’d ever need to change is if there are specific route preferences that would change the route. Once you’re route is set, you can assign them to your drivers. The purpose of optimization is to ensure delivery takes the shortest time, consumes minimum fuel, and is the most profitable.
- Choose the fastest route for your drivers: The routing and dispatch software should have features that can help you choose the fastest route for your drivers. Such features include real time driver notifications on weather and traffic situations on different routes. Depending on the situation of different routes, you can choose the route with the least inconvenience for your driver.
- Choose further action: The software may avail a few more options for further actions. These may include exporting and printing routes, sending them to your team via email or text, and adding a new route or stop.
Elite EXTRA’s Routing and Dispatch Software
Free software, like Google Maps, may show you turn-by-turn account of your routes, but don’t have what it takes to manage logistics for last mile delivery. Also, they cannot accommodate more than 10 stops, nor does it support digital proof of delivery. This is where Elite EXTRA’s innovative routing and dispatch software comes into the picture.
Elite EXTRA’s routing and dispatch software makes planning multiple stop delivery routes easier, courtesy of tools such as e-signature and photos, auto dispatch and routing, optimized routing, customer notifications and mobile driver apps which combine to create a seamless last mile delivery process. If you’d like more details, or want to try it out, request a free demo today!