How it Works:
- Email and text notification messages are now configurable to send to both the source and destination of an order.
- This means customers awaiting both pickups and deliveries can be alerted.
- Notifications to the order sources can send at the following times:
- Predispatch notifications
- At route start
- When the driver is “X” minutes away
- When the ETA has changed by “X” minutes
- When the customer is the next stop on the route
- A backend setting needs to be adjusted in order to send notifications to the order sources. Please contact Elite EXTRA support for setup at (888) 484-8729, opt 3 or at email@example.com.
Users who offer pickup services now have additional ways of communicating their ETAs and statuses to the pickup source. Previously, the notifications were primarily used for deliveries.